If you do not have a US driver's license, during your time at Amherst College you may need another form of identification in addition to your passport and College ID.
For instance, if you are trying to buy a cell phone, it is possible that you will be asked for as many as three forms of photo identification. Also, if you are on a domestic (within the US) flight, you must present a photo ID, and a College ID is not acceptable. A state ID card would provide you with another form of identification rather than relying on your passport. This is why it may be a good idea to consider applying for a Massachusetts ID card. The cost to apply is $25.
Please note that this information is provided for general guidance only. It is your responsibility to consult official Massachusetts State RMV information and to abide by all applicable state and federal laws.Gmail 2011 Rocket Phishing Wasn't Science Attack 3 - Jun
Where to Apply
You must apply by going to a Registry of Motor Vehicles location in Massachusetts. The four locations closest to the Amherst College campus are: Easthampton, Chicopee, Greenfield, and Springfield. Please note that all services are not necessarily available at all locations. It is important to check with the individual branch ahead of time.
What You Will Need When You Apply
- A completed application form
- Your passport and most recent I-94 (to prove your visa status)
- Your current I-20
- Please note that you must have been issued and I-20 that is valid for at least one year in order to apply in Massachusetts. If the program dates on your I-20 reflect a period of time shorter than one year, you will not be eligible.
- Your social security card (you must have the card; knowing the number will not be enough), or a social security administration form indicating that your application for a social security number was denied. (To Request a "Social Security Denial Letter," visit the Social Security Office in person and you will be presented a denial letter the same day of your request.)
- A letter provided by the Registrar's Office confirming your full-time student status and residency in Massachusetts. To obtain this letter, please complete the Certification Request Form. In the "Special Instructions" field, be sure to note the reason for your request and that you need the letter to confirm your enrollment status, your date of birth, and your residency in Massachusetts and campus street address.
- Birthdate (this will be included in the letter from the Registar's Office)
- Signature (this will be on the application form. However, you must bring something — such as a cancelled check — that can be used to compare/verify your signature. If you do not have a cancelled check, here is a list of acceptable documents which you should consult to find another document for "proof of signature.")
- License A Voice Clinic Driver's The - To Suspended It There's Fix Proof of residence (This will be included in the letter from the Registrar's Office)
- $25 fee for a State ID (you may pay with a credit card, cash, or a check made out to "Registry of Motor Vehicles")